Estate Planning Attorney in Melbourne, FL
Learn about Estate Planning Lawyers at The Law Office of J. Scott Lanford
We at the Law Office of J. Scott Lanford understand that an estate planning attorney must be skilled to provide the best advice when it comes to the current and future needs of a client. We bring over 60 years of combined experience as well as offering a team approach. The Law Office of J. Scott Lanford is the only Florida firm to provide a corporate estate management strategy that unites our team of professionals in a singular effort to provide our clients with superior service.
Our team of professional will work together to:
- Construct a will and trust. Wills and trusts offer a way to direct what happens with your belongings and assets after you die. A living trust involves placing your assets into a trust while you are still alive and designating beneficiaries of your assets when you die. A will meanwhile consist simply of a plan to distribute your assets without placing them in a trust. These tools are crucial to ensuring your property is divided according to your wishes after you are gone instead of falling under the state’s laws for dividing property. We will help you develop a will and trust that spell out your desires clearly and can be updated as needed over the years.
- Determine monthly income strategies. Estate planning not only involves considering what will happen with your belongings when you’re gone — it also consists of financial planning for your remaining years of life, whether you’re in your 40s or 80s. We will help you determine clear monthly income strategies and goals to help ensure you are in a comfortable financial position and can meet any desire you may have to take care of loved ones financially when you’re gone.
- Organize a trust management committee. Selecting and organizing a trust management committee is key to ensuring your assets are well managed during your lifetime and distributed properly and efficiently after your death. We will help you select individuals for this committee, which will take care of managing and distributing your assets according to your desires if you are no longer able to.
- Consolidate IRA and 401K for your convenience. Combining multiple retirement accounts into one account typically provides simplicity, saves you money, and improves your investment options. We will help consolidate any IRAs or 401Ks you may have into one account and help navigate any tax necessities.
- Develop asset protection and define charitable giving. We will work to guard your personal or business assets against civil judgments, helping keep your property safe before and after death for you or your loved ones. And we will help you define your charitable giving goals both during your lifetime and after death, setting up mechanisms for donations or other charitable contributions.
Why Choose Us?
- Free Consultations
- Available Nights & Weekends
- American Bar Association Member
- Admitted to Practice in Federal Court
- Over 60 Years of Combined Experience